Quilt for Pulse

My Quilt Top for QuiltForPulse initiative

Long time no see. I'm a terrible blogger who suffers the heat of summer so badly this is the second summer I lost track of my posts and become absent.

A close-up of my quilt top. Can you tell I love polka dots?

As you know in June there was a horrible act of violence and hate when a man went shooting in Pulse club in Orlando. Many lives were lost, many more were injured. 

The Orlando Modern Quilt Guild started the Quilt for Pulse initiative to make quilts for the families that lost their loved ones and for the injured and than, as quilts would be distribuited, to the people who helped  and to the LGBT community.

When there is so much hate and sorrow I would always want to do something. To give at least something to the people that were hurt. Finally I could. I made this quilt top (there was the choice to make blocks, quilt tops or complete quilts) using white on white fabric and the brightest colors of the rainbow I could find.

This is also my first try at doing something  "modern". I used polka dots, Cotton+Steel fabric, polka dots with hearts and fake solids. I loved the process. I really hope this will bring at least a tiny bit of comfort to whoever will receive it. (I also sent the binding and a label)

Have a lovely Monday!

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

My Spooky Spiderweb Wall Hanging Quilt

Some Sewing for Me!

A Kindle Cover